Skip to content
- Assume that any downed power line is energized.
- Please stay away from any downed power line and anything touching it. The ground around the power line may be energized as far as 35 feet.
- Don’t attempt to touch anyone in direct contact with a downed line, as you could become the next victim. Call 911 for help.
- Please don’t attempt to move the downed line from its current location.
- If a power line falls on your car while you are in it, stay in the car. Honk your horn to summon help, but direct others away from the vehicle. If you must leave the car due to fire, jump from the vehicle, place both feet on the ground simultaneously, and avoid contact with both the vehicle and the ground simultaneously.