How to Establish Service:
New or Current Customers
- New or current customers wishing to transfer services to a new location must make an application in person at the Peru Utilities main office, 335 East Canal Street, Peru, Indiana.
- The customer will be required to sign a Contract For Service. A photo ID must be provided.
- Peru Utilities’ Rules and Regulations must be followed.
- If the customer is buying the property where utility services are to be activated, the customer must provide closing documents.
- If the customer is buying the property on contract, a copy of the contract must be provided.
- If the customer is buying a mobile home and renting the lot that the mobile home will be placed on, a copy of the lot rent receipt in the customer’s name must be provided.
- If the customer rents the property where utility services are to be delivered, a rent receipt or lease agreement must be provided.
- If more than one person is listed on the receipt or agreement, all persons on the receipt or agreement must sign the Contract For Service.
- Customers having no previous credit history with Peru Utilities or any other utility service company must pay a deposit.
- New and existing customers who have received a disconnect notice from either Peru Utilities or their former utility supplier within the previous 12 months must pay a deposit.
Deposits Are as Follows:
- Residential customers: $30
- Commercial and Industrial customers: 2 times the estimated average monthly bill*
- Residential customers Peru Water: $40
- Grissom Water, $35
- Commercial & Industrial Customers: 2 times the estimated average monthly bill*
- Residential Customers with electric heat: $300
- All other Residential customers: $200
- Commercial & Industrial customers: 2 times the estimated average monthly bill*
*Peru Utilities retains the right to evaluate the actual billings for Commercial and Industrial customers and revise the deposit accordingly.
- Deposits may be waived for new customers who provide a letter of credit from a previous utility supplier that states that the customer has been a customer of that supplier for at least 12 consecutive months and has not received a disconnect notice from that supplier during the most recent 12 months.
- Deposits may also be waived for customers wishing to transfer a service to another location, provided they have not received a disconnect notice for the previous 12 months.
How to Disconnect Service
- You can ask to stop your utility services by calling our Customer Service department at (765) 473-6681 or completing the form below.
- Peru Utilities will read and disconnect your meter(s) within 3 business days of the date requested. We will confirm your disconnection request upon receipt if this form is used.