Skip to content
- Any person found to be in violation of the provisions of this chapter or who discharges or causes to be discharged any material causing damage to or obstruction of the City’s wastewater disposal system will be liable to the City for any expense, loss or damage caused by the violation or discharge. The City may recover all expense, loss, damage, or fines by any or all-equitable or legal remedies. This remedy shall be in addition to all others provided by law or this chapter.
- Any discharger who violates an order of the City or fails to comply with any ordinance provisions applicable federal/state/city regulations, rules or orders of any court of competent jurisdiction, may be subject to the imposition of a civil or criminal penalty in addition to any other remedy created by this chapter.
- Any person who knowingly makes any false statement, representation or certification in any application, report, or other document required by this chapter or other applicable regulation, or who tampers with or knowingly renders inaccurate any monitoring device, will, upon conviction, be guilty of a Class A infraction and may be fined by any sum not to exceed $10,000.
- Any person found to be violating sections of this chapter shall be served by the city with written notice stating the nature of the violation and providing a reasonable time limit, not to exceed 30 days, for the satisfactory correction thereof. The offender shall, within the period of time stated in such notice, cease and correct all violations and will be subject to other applicable remedies at law.
- Whoever violates any provision of this chapter and any person who continues such violation after being ordered to cease such violation or comply with the provisions of this chapter shall pay a fine not to exceed $2,500 for each such violation. Each day’s violation shall constitute a separate offense for which a separate fine shall be due and owing to the city.
- The City may bring a civil action to enforce the provisions of this chapter in accordance with IC 36-1-6-4.